Monday 19 August 2013

Once Upon A Time


Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you all had a good weekend.  Mine seemed to consist of cleaning and more cleaning and eventually some time in my craft room to create today's card.  The theme this week is "Once upon a time".  Now I pondered over this and had all the usual fairytale stories coming to mind, but I also thought that all these stories are very old, way back in time.  When I was flicking through my images I came across this little lady from Grandma's Attic Warm Clothes sheet and she reminded me of a picture taken of me when I was a child and No, I'm not vintage yet, lol, but her fur coat is very similar to one I was wearing by the Christmas Tree..... so.... Once upon a time there was a little girl in her new winter coat............


I have used two papers from the Maya Design Sofiero collection, Princess Margaret and Royal Summer Residence. All edges have been distressed with Walnut stain and dustings of both snow tex and aged rose frantage added here and there.


I have used some of the new cream and pink flower sprays along with roses from the the wild orchid craft collection and some of the new foam flowers, topped off with a pearl pin,  I have also added some of the new Melissa Frances pleated satin ribbon in cream, beautiful and speaking of Melissa Frances the tag has been placed in a Melissa Frances pink vellum envelope and the tag tied with pink seam binding and some tulle.


 The metal rose was embossed with aged rose frantage and added to the centre of the vintage ornament.



Hugs Tracy x
Follow Me on Pinterest

14 comments:

Kelly said...

This is so romantic- vintage I just love it. The metals are fabulous with the lacy ribbon and florals. I love the pleated ribbon and lace and the post card, Wow this is so beautiful and I keep seeing more on it that I love!
Hugs Kelly

Unknown said...

Adorable card!! Love all details, Sofiero paper, ornament, flowers, how you put resin cameo lady.
Jasmina

MinnaL said...

Oh wow, SO BEAUTIFUL ! Lovely colors, all the details, embellishments, everything ! JUST ADORABLE !

Sue said...

So beautiful Tracy. I love the sweet image and all your detailing is totally gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

cathylynn said...

This has got to be one of my favorites. I love it all! Totally beautiful!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Ann Marie Governale said...

Gorgeous, elegants, so vintage and so beautiful..xxx Ann Marie

Marlies said...

A gorgeous vintage creation!! I love all of it. So many pretty details, embellies and a lovely picture! Fantastic!! hugs, Marlies

Paper Profusion said...

Laden with love I reckon - just as Christmas is! Stunning card Tracy. Nicola x

Elaine said...

It's another stunning card, full of the most gorgeous embellies, with so much detail!!
(though I should slap you for covering up that gorgeous paper...shame on you lol!)

Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Tracy, this is amazing! Love all the layers and fantastic details. You are one of a kind, girl. This is fabulous! Thank you for the inspiration! I love visiting your blog for lots of eye-candy every time! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Unknown said...

Don't listen to Elaine...it's perfect as it is! LOL So many gorgeous details to look at...and I so wish I'd have had a pretty fur coat like that as a child. Stunnning work as always Tracy, thank you.

Sandy xx

Unknown said...

Don't listen to Elaine...it's perfect as it is! LOL So many gorgeous details to look at...and I so wish I'd have had a pretty fur coat like that as a child. Stunnning work as always Tracy, thank you.

Sandy xx

Chantal said...

Really Tracy.... breathtaking your card! I have no words to describe it... Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

This is a complete showstopper, Tracy - unbelievable detailing, and those tiny sprays of flowers look so gorgeous.
Alison x